ABOUT MEDGLOBAL MedGlobal is a global non-profit humanitarian organization that provides medical and health education services to people in need, including refugees and displaced people, in disaster-stricken and underserved areas. The organization is made up of medical and public health professionals from diverse backgrounds. Please explain the purpose and/or role in detail.
CODE OF CONDUCT MedGlobal’s Code of Conduct reflects the profession’s core set of beliefs and values of care, respect, trust and integrity. These beliefs and values are fundamental to MedGlobal employees, volunteers, interns, consultants, agent coordinators and administrators to guide their practice and conduct. The Code is organized into categories as follows:
- Always act with fairness, honesty, integrity and openness; respect the opinions of others and treat all with equality and dignity without regard to sex, race, color, creed, ancestry, place of origin, political beliefs, religion, marital status, disability, age or sexual orientation.
- Provide a positive and valued experience for those who receive services inside and outside of MedGlobal
JOB SUMMARY As a small but rapidly growing global health organization, we are looking for a full-time Mental Health Officer who will play a key role in providing mental health support to patients. The Mental Health Officer will participate in the planning, supervision and coordination of the mental health/psychosocial services of the program in accordance with MG standards in order to provide the most appropriate mental health support to patients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The mental health worker has the following responsibilities and duties:
- Participate in the planning, organization and coordination of mental health activities, in close collaboration with the country representative and members of the partner’s medical team, in order to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the necessary resources while maintaining high levels of quality in mental health MedGlobal programs and activities.
- Coordinates counseling service activities with other relevant actors and liaises with local counterparts (such as MoH, WHO and NGOs) on mental health issues, including referral services .
- Oversee daily mental health activities and patient support in accordance with MedGlobal protocols and standards to provide the most appropriate support to clients with psychosocial needs.
- Liaise with other MG team members in country.
- Supervise, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/integration,
- evaluation, detection of potential, development and communication) of the personnel under his responsibility in order to ensure both the dimensioning and the level of knowledge required.
- Oversee administrative processes associated with psychosocial functioning.
- As needed, provide psychological support to patients according to MG protocols to improve patients’ mental health conditions and improve their functionality.
- Compile data and statistics related to SM activities and report to Country Representative
- Provide clinical counseling supervision to mental health counselors and other mental health-related staff under contract with partners in collaboration with the mental health focal point on the partner side.
- Ensure that patient information is kept confidential
Requirements and skills: The mental health worker should have the following skills, training and experience:
- Diploma in Psycho-Social or related field essential
- Experience in psychosocial counseling of at least 2 years.
- Fluency in English and Arabic (spoken and written)
How to register
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line “MENTAL HEALTH OFFICER/MHO”. Notes: Only CVs and cover letters in English will be considered.